Just some rambling going on today....
So last night was a girls night with my Mum, her best friend and a friend of mine from out of town. I totally didn't take any pictures - shame on me but I wanted to enjoy the moment. If you haven't read Cathy Zielske's book - it's a good one to read. I haven't completely read the book yet but what I have read has been really good. She talks about sometimes we need to enjoy the moment and not worry too much on taking the photo because we're not becoming apart of those memories because we are too caught up in taking the pictures to capture the moment. I also learned not every photo has to be scrapbooked and that some pictures can go in a photo album. I'm so feeling that..... I often feel like I have to scrapbook every event and every moment. It gave me a different prespective on this. So I need to pick myself out a good photo album and start practicing that. Back to dinner last night - we had a good time and laughed alot. We went back to my house after dinner for cake & tea and it was delicious... Can you guess what cake I got???? hee hee After Anne & I decorated two All My Memories Tote bags and they were super cute! It was funny doing them.
I was showing Anne some of my scrapbook albums last night and I realized how simple they were but they told the memory. I think sometimes I focus too much on the embellishing that I have lost sight of the picture and the memory. I was looking at those albums when we were looking at them thinking wow they tell a story and I thought about when my kids get older and how they can look back at them and remember those stories. I think I need to not worry over how I'm going to coordinate the embellishing with the picture and focus on the memory behind that picture.
You know what's so funny about scrapbooking that cracks me up when I think about it. The fads that go along with it. Last night I was looking at my stuff we went through they eyelets... the fiber... the brads... jolee stickers... I have tons of this stuff in almost ever color - you name it. BUT now I'm into buttons... ribbon.. chipboard letters...word phrases... it's insane how the scrapbooking industry have evolved. About four years ago my husband was trying to give me some suggestion on a page and it was going to make my page bulky and I wanted it flat - gosh if I had only known! Now a days everything goes into a scrapbook page and some pages are very bulky. My new fad is stamps! A friend of mine is a Stamp'n Up consultant so I'm into buying them and when Hobby Lobby has a sale on their clear stamps I am there! I just need to get my butt at my desk and start using them!
Well... I think I've done enough rambling for today. OH one more thing.... My Uncle and Aunt fly in today at 2:30!!!! Mum is very excited. Haven't decided on what we are going to do tomorrow, since my Uncle & Aunt are not used to this Southern Heat!
I was showing Anne some of my scrapbook albums last night and I realized how simple they were but they told the memory. I think sometimes I focus too much on the embellishing that I have lost sight of the picture and the memory. I was looking at those albums when we were looking at them thinking wow they tell a story and I thought about when my kids get older and how they can look back at them and remember those stories. I think I need to not worry over how I'm going to coordinate the embellishing with the picture and focus on the memory behind that picture.
You know what's so funny about scrapbooking that cracks me up when I think about it. The fads that go along with it. Last night I was looking at my stuff we went through they eyelets... the fiber... the brads... jolee stickers... I have tons of this stuff in almost ever color - you name it. BUT now I'm into buttons... ribbon.. chipboard letters...word phrases... it's insane how the scrapbooking industry have evolved. About four years ago my husband was trying to give me some suggestion on a page and it was going to make my page bulky and I wanted it flat - gosh if I had only known! Now a days everything goes into a scrapbook page and some pages are very bulky. My new fad is stamps! A friend of mine is a Stamp'n Up consultant so I'm into buying them and when Hobby Lobby has a sale on their clear stamps I am there! I just need to get my butt at my desk and start using them!
Well... I think I've done enough rambling for today. OH one more thing.... My Uncle and Aunt fly in today at 2:30!!!! Mum is very excited. Haven't decided on what we are going to do tomorrow, since my Uncle & Aunt are not used to this Southern Heat!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home