Grandma's Birthday

Today's post is dedicated to my Grandma! It's her birthday! I can't not tell you what an amazing woman she is. She raised five children and after all her children left home she worked on getting her college degree in Education and did it! She worked hard all her life and accomplished her dream of getting a degree. My brother and I used to go to my grandparents home every summer and spend several weeks there. We had so much fun, we spent time with my grandparents and the rest of the family (Uncles, Aunts & Cousins). Grandma and Grandpa didn't have anything grand as far as material things but the most important thing they had was their love for us. When I look back over my childhood I have such fond memories of being at my grandparents house! I couldn't tell you what they bought me for Christmas but I can tell you the fun we had at their house each summer.
I made my Grandma a card - I so can't wait for her to get it in the mail. She should get it today - I know she is going to be surprised. She loves getting pictures. I've never made her a card before so I know she is going to love the personal touch. Sometimes I get so lazy and I don't want to take the time to make a card but once I have done it - I'm so in love with it and sometimes I don't want to give it away. It makes me feel good to make a card because it means I've taken the time and thought for that person. The pictures are from the last visit my parents and I went to see my grandparents the end of last year. The other side is pictures of her home and the street that is named after Grandma's family.


1 Comments:
I love that card! I know Grandma is gonna be so excited. She will keep it forever... like grandma's do!
Post a Comment
<< Home