Friday, March 10, 2006

Scrap Etc. Event



Well, I was quote on quote sick this morning and couldn't make it into work until later that day. The Scrapbook Store in Birmingham was having a sale and it was an hour and a half away. The first 60 people in the store would get a tag with a number and when you get to the register it would be revealed if it was a 20%, 25% or 50% off of your whole purchase. I left the house at 7:30am, DH didn't think I would make the first 60 in line at Scrap Etc for the coupon offer. I got to the store at 9AM and was excited to see that I was one of the first few there (Store opened at 9:30AM)! Talk about so siked! This meant I was qualified for a coupon. Waiting in line with the other ladies was alot of fun. I must say you can always have great conversation with a bunch of scrapbook ladies. I got in the store and was overwhelmed with all the new stuff. There was so much to choose from and I went from surfing the internet and seeing all the new stuff on the computer screen to seeing it in person. After making my selections I stood in line for almost an hour but I was standing by abunch of fantastic ladies and chatted with them - this made the time go by even quicker. I got to meet Monique and she was super nice. She even was nice enough to let me take a picture with her (picture above). When I got to the register my ticket was number "43" and my savings was 25% off my whole purchase. The lady in front of me got 50% and she was very excited - she saved $150-BUCKS! Not bad at all! I got alot of paper, Technique Tuesday stamps, Making Memories Foam Stamps, quite a few rub ons and some making memories wristletts for some friends in Atlanta.
Monique did give us a hint that the online store should be up on Tuesday, so make sure you check it out and sign up for the great give aways they are offering.
While shopping in the store I finally got to meet my Stampin Up consultant Catherine - we've spoken on the phone but never met. Want to hear something crazy - I was recognized from my blog!

After my new purchases off to work I went. So I shopped half the day and worked the second half! Now I'm itching to get some pages completed!

Catherine is putting on a Stampin Up Escape the end of March and I am so excited. Three other friends are going and we have been preplanning this trip since it was announced. We have come up with our own "group name" - will have to save for later. We're each getting one another some scrapbook surprises - Anne or Rhonda will not share with me what they are *pout*. In the store I was telling everyone about it and some of the ladies weren't even aware of the Alabama Scrapbook Yahoo group - so I was sharing the info about that. I told them about the awesome Stampin Up Escape Catherine was putting on - if you get some calls about it sorry Catherine! I couldn't help share... so you never know we may get some new ladies.

Today was a fun day and I'm so glad I got to go to Scrap Etc and meet Monique and also get to finally meet Catherine!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home