The Truck Story
Ending the week with a story from our vacation. We drove my husband's 4-Runner to the beach because we felt like the kids would have more room to move around. We have two keys for the truck, I hardly ever car my key because I don't drive the truck much. So we go to Florida in the truck - can you guess where this is heading? So one morning we go to the beach and get in the water - well... my husband forgot that the key was in his pocket and realized it after he has already totally submerged the key. We pretty much figured the electronic part of the key was shot. We get done hanging out at the beach and shower and clean up. We decide to check out of the place we're staying and find another place to stay. We are lugging all of our luggage, beach stuff and bags to the truck. Dh realizes the automatic doors are not going to work with the key, so he goes to open the truck with the key and the alarm goes off ("HORN BEEPING") ! So we are attracting all this attention because the horn will not stop. It would stop for a moment and then continues on. At this point it's hot, we're all sitting there with all of stuff and hotel security comes by to ask what's going on. So we're able to open the truck, but guess what! We can't start the truck - the security system prevents you from starting the truck. Talk about aggrivating and hot and three kids sitting there looking at Dad. We have some nice samaritians stop and try and give us some advice but nothing seemed to by pass the security system and the alarm is going off non-stop. Steven ends up disconnecting the horn so it will stop - it mutes the noise and all you see is the lights going off. We end up calling the Toyota Dealership there in Panama City for assistance, at first I don't think they realized the urgency of our call - I mean we weren't in our driveway trying to figure how to start our truck, we were in the parklot of a hotel in the middle of the afternoon sweating with three kids. After several calls back and forth with the dealership, they finally found someone who told us how to by pass the system. I wished at the time I had taken a picture of the situation... I know my husband wouldn't of appreciate it and to be honest I was so hot and fustrated the last thing on my mind was to take a picture of the moment. I will know better next time. Now looking back it would of been a good scrapbooking page. I think I will take a picture of my husband's key and use his swimming trunks as the background and journal about it.


1 Comments:
whhhheeewww....what an experience!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home