Friday, May 05, 2006

The Results

Yesterday after work I went home and my parents picked me up to go out to dinner. I called Mum earlier before I got off work to find out how her doctors appointment went and she said she would tell me when she saw me. Pure terror entered my mind and my heart was racing, I was almost afraid to even think what happened? I went home and tried to remain calm, spoke with my best friend and told her my Mum seem to be acting strange - maybe it was my imagination? They picked me up and the first thing I asked was how the appointment went? She said that she could tell when the doctor entered the room it wasn't good news, my Dad went with my Mum as well. The doctor is sending my Mum to another doctor. The knot/lump was fibroid but there was a cancer spot on it. So this next doctor will either take another biopsy or just remove the lump all together and test it for what kind of cancer. Luckly this was detected this early because the cancer doesn't even show up on the mammogram. I will not let this make me think anything bad - I am going to remain positive and pray for a good outcome. My parents both seem very positive about it so that did give me some comfort.

We went out to dinner last night at Carrabbas - they have the BEST house salad and crab cakes. Dinner was yumm... after I told my parents about Cold Stone Creamery - Mum and I shared a scoup of ice cream, their portions are big. They both loved the ice cream and all the varieties they had to offer. It was a delish evening of food! When we first got out of the truck I noticed that my wallet wasn't in my purse - I about freaked out and my parents were trying to be calm and help me out. All I could say was "I don't want to talk about it" , I just wanted to enjoy the rest of the evening with my parents and then worry about my wallet when I got home. I had a feeling it was in my car from lunch time but the thought of losing it was still in the back of my mind. They took me home and waited in the drive way to make sure I found it, I went straight to my car and there it was sitting on my passenger seat THANK GOODNESS!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chit Chat With Divagirlrn said...

Prayers being said for your Mom.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home